Join Our Team
Interested in a career with Barnes & Duncan? Forward a resume and cover letter to our office.
6 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Or submit online:
Drafting Technician – Full Time
Responsible for the preparation of legal survey drawings such as: Plans of Subdivision, Staking Certificates, House Control Sketches, Building Location Certificates, and Topographic Surveys.
Education & Experience
Post-secondary education in drafting and/or Geomatics, or the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge from previous work experience.
Manitoba Land Surveyor (M.L.S.)
We are seeking a registered Manitoba Land Surveyor, for a full-time position, in our Winnipeg office. The successful candidate will manage a variety of projects and be a key member involved in the growth of Barnes & Duncan.
Manage all aspects of land surveying projects, including scope, schedule, cost, and resources;
- review products for completeness, quality, and confirm all statutory requirements have been met;
- develop client relationships, identify new opportunities, and contribute to the continued growth of the firm.
- leadership and decision making capabilities;
- good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- a desire to be part of a team environment.
Are you a motivated and entrepreneurial individual looking to be part of a high performance team working directly with the leadership in an organization? This position reports directly to the corporate controller and is responsible for a range of administrative, bookkeeping and financial monitoring and reporting activities in a fast-paced consulting environment. Long-term opportunities for growth and advancement in this role are a possibility for the right candidate.
Barnes & Duncan is a Manitoba-based consulting engineering and land surveying firm that has a history dating back more than 100 years with over 60 employees and is continuing to expand. We are seeking an individual who is looking for the opportunity to contribute to building on our past success. The position is a permanent full-time (40 hours per week) position and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
The start date and salary will be negotiated based on qualifications of the successful candidate (expected to be in the range of $18 to $22/hr).
The position to start with core administrative functions of the organization and will grow into including financial reporting support.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Bookkeeping with Quickbooks Enterprise including entry of accounts payable, accounts receivable, employee expense claims and other typical financial transactions and journal entries.
• Monitoring and review of time for invoicing as well as payroll.
• Review and preparation of invoicing for multiple clients and projects including progress billings.
• Supporting the controller and management team in other financial monitoring, reporting and documentation.
• Document control including proof-reading, formatting, finalizing and assembly of reports, transmittal preparation.
- Client interaction by phone, email and in person to assist with projects, including co-ordinate and assist team with administrative tasks as required.
Assets and Requirements:
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Quickbooks is required.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required.
• Preference will be given to College Certificate or University Degree graduates in a relevant academic program.
• Preference will be given to candidates with 5 years or more of relevant experience, however exceptional entry level candidates with other experience will be considered.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and references. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary and benefits will be negotiated on an individual basis and will be representative of individual qualifications and experience. We thank all that apply but only those being considered will be contacted.